Thunderbird sieve extensions

Lukasz Michalski lm at zork.pl
Thu May 1 14:16:10 EDT 2008

Marc Grober pisze:
> I am trying to use the thunderbird sieve extensions and need some help
>
> I have cyrus-imap running with ldap and postfix on SLES 10
> I have sieve running and can use sieveshell
> I can set the extensions to not use TLS and the server logs show that
> the connectin was accepted,  but the extension never returns the active
> script or the inactive script.
> Is it looking in the wrong place? Does the extension require additional
> software? Are configuration options available? What am I missing? I
> tried to write to the author with no response and then finally found a
> mailing list to which I subscribed and never received confirmation of
> subscription....

TH extension works for me. I have setup that uses TLS.
I had problems with communication on port 2000 and I had to setup
additional port 2002 (I am using portfwd for this).

Broken communication is *probably* caused by cisco routers, which uses
port 2000 for their own purpose.

For more information and description of symptoms see my older messages
on this list.

Regards,
--
Lukasz Michalski