quota bug involving nested quota roots?

Nik Conwell nik at bu.edu
Thu May 1 11:20:31 EDT 2008

On Thu, 1 May 2008, Alain Spineux wrote:

>>  The full / 1024 matches the original 1640288 used so the problem seems to be
>>  quota -f not correctly traversing when there is another lower quota root.
>
> traversing ? Hum. Is it possible that cyrus stop counting as soon as
> it find another quota root ?
> What appends if you call your "restore" folder, "aaaa" or "zzzzz".

Looks like it quits when it hits the nested quota root.

Unfortunately I don't have a 2.3.12p1 system to check this out.  Do people see
similar things on the current version?  Am I doing something wrong having nested
quotas this way?

quota -f|grep -E "user/nik|Quota"

    Quota   % Used     Used Root
  10485760       15  1640491 user/nik