STARTTLS on Cyrus IMAPd 2.3.11

Jorey Bump list at joreybump.com
Wed Mar 19 01:09:31 EDT 2008

Jorey Bump wrote, at 03/18/2008 09:18 PM:

> I'm focusing now on the open_ssl error "wrong version number" and just
> realized the current system uses openssl 0.9.7l, while the new
> environment uses openssl 0.9.8e. This might be significant, but I
> haven't found anything conclusive. I know that other bugs were
> introduced with this release.

Taking another tack, I configured Postfix to use the same certificate
and STARTTLS connections work fine. So, there's no interference from my
network connection, and my openssl version seems to present no obstacle
that can't be overcome. Can anyone confirm that STARTTLS connections to
port 143 work with 2.3.11?