upgrading murder to v2.3.11

Andrew Morgan morgan at orst.edu
Tue Mar 18 12:31:14 EDT 2008

On Mon, 17 Mar 2008, Andrew Morgan wrote:

> So far the new frontend seems to be working fine.  However, I have noticed a
> few errors in the logs:
>
> Mar 17 17:00:43 cyrus-fe3 imaps[24038]: Fatal error: Lost connection to
> selected backend
> Mar 17 17:02:18 cyrus-fe3 imap[24565]: Fatal error: Lost connection to
> selected backend
> Mar 17 17:07:07 cyrus-fe3 imaps[29951]: Fatal error: Lost connection to
> selected backend
>
> This particular message is generated in a few different locations in the
> code, so I'm not sure of the exact cause.  I'll probably modify the code to
> uniquely indicate which part of the code generated this error.
>
> Has anyone seen this error message before?

Well now I feel silly.  I found matching log entries in the backends
saying:

Mar 17 17:07:07 cyrus-be1 imap[12514]: idle for too long, closing connection

I am using the default timeout value in imapd.conf (30 minutes) on both
frontends and backends.  I think I will increase the timeout on the
backends to 35 minutes, unless anyone has other suggestions.

 	Andy