Problem on creating users account and their mail boxes

Stephen Liu satimis at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 16 03:48:55 EDT 2008

Hi Nicolas,

- snip -

> Back to Cyrus-imapd, I tried to use the Debian version, but after
> considering the Debian-specifics docs and scripts, I ended up
> compiling
> my own version, and use a really simple configuration, provided by
> the
> sources.

The only reason for me installing packages on repo is easy to
update/upgrade.  I also prefer download/install packages on their
official sites selecting the directory on the OS where I prefer
installing them, at my own control.  I seldomly do it now after ceasing
building my own Linux/Unix OS, LFS, couple years ago.

The advantage on building my own version OS is avoiding installing the
packages which I never use.  The OS is quick to boot.

Others noted with thanks

B.R.
Stephen