Is skiplist dependant on byte order?

Gary Mills mills at cc.umanitoba.ca
Sun Jun 15 21:38:47 EDT 2008

I recently upgraded a murder front end server from Solaris 9 SPARC to
Solaris 10 x86 by copying the /imap directory.  I did dump the
mailboxes database before the copy.  It's a skiplist database.  I'm
running cyrus-imapd-2.3.8 on both systems.  As a test, I first checked
on the mailboxes database like this:

    # su cyrus -c ksh
    # /usr/local/cyrus/bin/ctl_mboxlist -d | wc -l
           0

This message appeared in the log:

    Jun 11 16:24:43 setup01 ctl_mboxlist[14082]: [ID 864961 local6.crit] DBERROR: critical database situation

After I reloaded it, I got the correct output:

    # /usr/local/cyrus/bin/ctl_mboxlist -u < mailboxes.txt
    # /usr/local/cyrus/bin/ctl_mboxlist -d | wc -l
          77

This is a test server with only a few mailboxes.  I'll upgrade the
production server later.

I'm assuming that skiplist is dependant on the machine's byte order,
and that a dump and reload is necessary in this case.

Are there any other databases that I should also dump and reload?  As
far as I can tell, the annotation_db, duplicate_db, and tlscache_db
are empty and can simply be removed.  Are there any others on a murder
front end that I've missed?  Where do they reside?