FUD client with virtual domains

Tornoci Laszlo torlasz at xenia.sote.hu
Sun Jun 15 14:43:19 EDT 2008

Tornoci Laszlo wrote:
> I have been using the FUD client/server for local users for some time
> successfully. I am planning to introduce virtual domains, and did some
> testing.
>
> ACL's are ok for local user torlasz and virtual user
> valaki at net-test3.sote.hu:
> localhost.localdomain> lam user.torlasz
> torlasz lrswipcda
> anonymous 0
> localhost.localdomain> lam user.valaki at net-test3.sote.hu
> valaki at net-test3.sote.hu lrswipkxtecda
> anonymous 0
>
> FUD works fine for local user torlasz:
> $ ./fud-client localhost torlasz user.torlasz
> user: torlasz
> mbox: user.torlasz
> Number of Recent 5
> Last read: Mon May 19 20:55:00 2008
> Last arrived: Wed May 21 04:10:10 2008
>
> However, fud times out for the virtual user (line may be wrapped):
> $ ./fud-client localhost valaki at net-test3.sote.hu
> user.valaki at net-test3.sote.hu
> fud-client: request timed out.
>
> FUD responds to local users about virtual mailboxes:
> $ ./fud-client localhost foobar user.valaki at net-test3.sote.hu
> user: foobar
> mbox: user.valaki at net-test3.sote.hu
> Number of Recent 9
> Last read: Thu Jan  1 01:00:00 1970
> Last arrived: Wed May 21 13:44:41 2008

In the meantime I did more tests. The user requesting the FUD info does
not have to be local to get a response, it just has to have a login name
which is shorter than 20 chars (including local part, '@' and the domain
name). If the login name is 20 chars or longer, the request times out.
This is reproducible and definitely looks like a bug, or at least an
inappropriate limitation. However, I am not much of a programmer to
delve into the code to find it. Can anyone help?

				Yours: Laszlo