even more questions on replication and expire

Per olof Ljungmark peo at intersonic.se
Tue Jul 29 04:42:13 EDT 2008

In the course of setting up delayed expunge on our production server I
came across the following;

- With delayed_expunge on the master, messages that are expunged by a
user will be retained -X days on the master but immideately deleted on
the replica unless it has delayed_expunge too.

So if I implement delayed_expunge on the replica, do I need cyr_expire
to permanently remove messages after -X days or will sync_client do
that? I can imagine situations where master and replica is far from
synced if one is not careful here.

Sorry if this is already in the docs or list somewhere.

--per