Couple of questions

Joseph Brennan brennan at columbia.edu
Tue Jul 22 08:56:37 EDT 2008

Michael Menge <michael.menge at zdv.uni-tuebingen.de> wrote:

> Beware there is a Bug in Outlook 2003 (don't know which SPs) which
> will get confused if the length of the UID string of a Mail change
> resulting in downloading the same Message over and over again.

Right.  It's an amazing bug, because the examples in the RFC actually
show variable length UIDs!

Users here reported this problem when we first went to Cyrus a few
years ago.  It was solved by applying updates to Outlook, which
the users should have done anyway for security and other reasons.

Or, you have some other problem that we don't have.

Joseph Brennan
Lead Email Systems Engineer