A problem with sieveshell

Per Steinar Iversen PerSteinar.Iversen at hio.no
Wed Jul 2 08:07:02 EDT 2008

I recently moved my Cyrus imapd from RHEL 4 Update 6 to RHEL 5.2

The only problem found so far after the move is with sieveshell, the "-a"
option does not work any more. This used to work as expected:

sieveshell -a cyrusadmin -u user localhost

On the new server this seems to work fine too, but now the shell is always
connected to the default sieve directory and not to the specified users
sieve directory.

Both the old and new server use the same rpm from Simon Matter, 2.3.12p2-1

Is this a known problem or have I managed to introduce some strange new
configuration error?

sieveshell -a user -u user localhost

works as expected still.

-psi