changing namespace on a running server

Eugen Wintersberger eugen.wintersberger at jku.at
Wed Jul 2 03:47:05 EDT 2008

Hi there
 I am new to this mailing list and hope you can help me. I use the cyrus
IMAP server using the common namespace scheme. Now, since we need shared
mail boxes, I have to switch to the alternate scheme.
Can I do this with a running server? Meaning: when I change now the
configuration and restart the server do I have to expect any kind of
data loos?

regards
   Eugen Wintersberger

| Dipl. Ing. Eugen Wintersberger           |
| Department of semicondutor physics       |
| University of Linz                       |
| Altenbergerstrasse 69                    |
| A-4040 Linz                              |
| Austria                                  |
| Mobile.: +43 664 3112861                 |
| Tel.: +43 732 2468 9605                  |
| E-Mail.: eugen.wintersberger at jku.at      |
| Skype: eugen20056221                     |
| ICQ: 214418739, nickname: thot           |