cyrus_imapd + saslauthd problem

Rudy Gevaert Rudy.Gevaert at UGent.be
Thu Jan 31 03:19:31 EST 2008

jpd wrote:
> Hopefully this is to the right list.
>
> I am trying to get ldap users to work with cyrus and not having much luck.
>
> So I tried dropping back to pam, as I have another setup like this, and
> this did not work as well.
>
> So its not going well.
>
> The problem seems to the that cyrus is not taking to saslauthd - as I
> have run saslauthd in a debug mode to see what happens.
>
> Any ideas why cyrus would not want the talk to saslauthd when it has
> been configured to.
>
> Binaries are of the blastwave repository
>
> Working version is on opensolaris b77 x86
> Broke one is on Solaris 10 sparc
>
> Any ideas on how you get cyrus into a "debug" mode to see whats happing
> there?

What is in your imapd.conf?  Mine has:
sasl_pwcheck_method: saslauthd
sasl_mech_list: PLAIN

And saslauthd is started with the ldap switch.

Cyrus logs to syslog.   Documentation for the IMAP server is located in
the doc directory of the distribution.  Have look there.

Rudy

Rudy Gevaert          Rudy.Gevaert at UGent.be          tel:+32 9 264 4734
Directie ICT, afd. Infrastructuur ICT Department, Infrastructure office
Groep Systemen                    Systems group
Universiteit Gent                 Ghent University
Krijgslaan 281, gebouw S9, 9000 Gent, Belgie               www.UGent.be