cyrus_imapd + saslauthd problem

jpd jpd at drawneek.demon.co.uk
Wed Jan 30 16:20:58 EST 2008

Hopefully this is to the right list.

I am trying to get ldap users to work with cyrus and not having much luck.

So I tried dropping back to pam, as I have another setup like this, and
this did not work as well.

So its not going well.

The problem seems to the that cyrus is not taking to saslauthd - as I
have run saslauthd in a debug mode to see what happens.

Any ideas why cyrus would not want the talk to saslauthd when it has
been configured to.

Binaries are of the blastwave repository

Working version is on opensolaris b77 x86
Broke one is on Solaris 10 sparc

Any ideas on how you get cyrus into a "debug" mode to see whats happing
there?