cyrus on iscsi

Jeffrey T Eaton jeaton at cmu.edu
Wed Feb 27 21:20:39 EST 2008

> Is someone running a cyrus instance on iscsi?  And is your instance big/
> heavy loaded?

Carnegie Mellon is in the process of converting our Cyrus storage to
iSCSI (from direct SCSI attached ACNC JetStor RAID units).  We're down
to our last two conversions now.

Our system consists of 10 backend servers.  Each is a Sun v240 running
Solaris 8, with a QLogic iSCSI initiator with two gigabit ethernet
links to our SAN network.  Each system mounts 4x250 GB paritions for
mailbox storage, and one 50GB partition for Cyrus databases, logs, and
sieve scripts.

The SAN storage is provided by a set of EqualLogic
PS-200E/PS-300E/PS-400E units.  (I don't know which ones are currently
being used for mail specifically, as the iSCSI group is shared among
various systems.)

-jeaton