cyrus on iscsi

Gary Mills mills at cc.umanitoba.ca
Fri Feb 22 11:32:47 EST 2008

On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 08:15:38AM +0100, Rudy Gevaert wrote:

> Is someone running a cyrus instance on iscsi?  And is your instance big/
> heavy loaded?

Yes, we've been doing this for about a year now.  Our server is a Sun
T2000 with two ethernet connections to the Iscsi SAN.  It's using the
native Solaris load balancing and failover.  It mounts two LUNs
exported from our Netapp file server.  These are concatenated into a
single ZFS pool.  So far, we are only using about 600 gigs of the 1 TB
of storage.  We will be adding two more LUNs when we need more space.
We use ZFS snapshots for most mailbox restores, but we also do full
backups to tape.

  $ zpool list
  NAME                    SIZE    USED   AVAIL    CAP  HEALTH     ALTROOT
  space                  1016G    645G    371G    63%  ONLINE     -

The server is lightly loaded.  We do have about 35,000 users, but only
about 2000 simultaneous users at peaks.