Cyrus-imap problem

FORMER 03 | Baltasar Cevc baltasar.cevc at former03.de
Tue Feb 26 07:11:42 EST 2008

Hi Subhasha,

 > Error Message.
 >
 > relay=/var/lib/imap/socket/lmtp[/var/lib/imap/socket/lmtp], delay=0,
 > status=bounced (host
 > /var/lib/imap/socket/lmtp[/var/lib/imap/socket/lmtp] said: 550-Mailbox
 > unknown.  Either there is no mailbox associated with this 550-name or
 > you do not have authorization to see it. 550 5.1.1 User unknown (in
 > reply to RCPT TO command)

Have you created the mailbox? You need to create a user AND a mailbox.

It could also be an authentication problem (LMTP supports
authentication), however, if I'm not mistaken, LMTP over local socket
is preauthenticated to a user having sufficient privileges.

Baltasar

_____ FORMER 03 GmbH
_____ infanteriestraße 19 haus 6 eg
_____ D-80797 muenchen