confused about quota -f

Per olof Ljungmark peo at intersonic.se
Thu Feb 21 20:05:39 EST 2008

Hi all,

I had to restore a users mailbox from backup which went well. After
running reconstruct on the users mailbox I did a quota -f. That fixed
this particular users quota but screwed another ones, used quota was at
about 1/6 of actual.

After several attempts with "reconstruct" and "quota -f" on this new
problem that changed nothing, I finally did a "quota -f user/username"
and that fixed it.

Now, the docs says:
"Running quota with both the -f option and mailbox-prefix arguments is
not recommended." which is why I avoided it until nothing else helped.

And now I seriously wonder *why* it says so. What is the problem here?

Anyone?

--per