R: R: Error creating mailboxex with an "&" inside

Toschi Pietro Pietro.Toschi at actalis.it
Tue Feb 5 09:48:37 EST 2008

I'm afraid I think you're right.
The problem is not related to the Kolab patch, in fact I tried to create a maibox both on a patched and an unpatched server with the same results, using cyradm:

>cm user/test&test at domain.com
Returns an error from cyradm

>cm user/test\&test at domain.com
Returns an error from IMAP server:
XX CREATE user/test&test at domain.com
XX NO Invalid Mailbox Name

Actually creates user/test&-test at domain.com

Maybe a well-designed IMAP client should consider &- an escape sequence and show it a single & like in test&test at domain.com, but doubts about authentication problems still remain. I'll have a complete test in a short using Thunderbird and let you know my results.

See you later.