Error creating mailboxex with an "&" inside

Toschi Pietro Pietro.Toschi at actalis.it
Tue Feb 5 06:57:28 EST 2008

Hello everybody

Apparently, cyrus-imapd does not support mailboxes with some letters
inside the name. "&" is one of that. I have some mailboxes containing
that symbol to be migrated from another server (SUN) but I always get an
error.

Looking at the IMAP RFC it seems very complex to me to understand what
characters are supported and how by the protocol. I wander if there is a
way to make cyrus accept such mailboxes, for example using some sort of
escape sequences, encoding rules or so.

Do someone have a solution to this annoying problem?

Bye

Pietro