choosing a file system

Scott Likens damm at yazzy.org
Wed Dec 31 12:37:31 EST 2008

Ah the saga of Hans Reiser.  That unfortunately is the Downfall of
Reiserfs.

Yes, his company has disappeared, and a "void" has appeared from his
lack of presence?

However, the Reiserfs4 patch set is current against the linux kernel
2.6.28 (see http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/edward/reiser4/reiser4-for-2.6/)

However I think that (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reiser4) pretty
much sums up the future of Reiserfs4.

... However I haven't really run into show stopping bugs on Reiserfs3
in quite some time (with excellent hardware).  However you replace it
with dodgy hardware and things change.

I haven't looked at btrfs yet with Cyrus, perhaps I'll do that
sometime soon.