status cache

Simon Matter simon.matter at invoca.ch
Fri Dec 19 02:24:41 EST 2008

> I'm getting ready to upgrade from Cyrus v2.3.11 to v2.3.13 on Saturday,
> and I notice there is now a statuscache option listed in the changelog.
>
> Bron, could you elaborate a bit on this option?
>
> We run a reasonably large Cyrus installation (2 backends, 3 frontends) and
> most of our users check their email via Horde Webmail.  Would the
> statuscache benefit us?
>
> Also, I've been sticking to mainly skiplist for all our database backends.
> Would skiplist be okay to use for the statuscache?

Hi Andy,

I can't answer most of your questions but, in our Invoca cyrus-imapd RPMS
the statuscache option is set to on by default and it also uses skiplist
by default. I didn't get any feedback since introducing it with our
customized defaults so I guess that means you shouldn't expect much
trouble with your choice.

Simon