status cache

Andrew Morgan morgan at orst.edu
Thu Dec 18 20:30:22 EST 2008

I'm getting ready to upgrade from Cyrus v2.3.11 to v2.3.13 on Saturday,
and I notice there is now a statuscache option listed in the changelog.

Bron, could you elaborate a bit on this option?

We run a reasonably large Cyrus installation (2 backends, 3 frontends) and
most of our users check their email via Horde Webmail.  Would the
statuscache benefit us?

Also, I've been sticking to mainly skiplist for all our database backends.
Would skiplist be okay to use for the statuscache?

Finally, is the information in the statuscache transient?  Would it be
safe to remove the statuscache.db file in between Cyrus restarts without
losing data?

Thanks,
 	Andy