Problems with Sieve in Debian Etch

Alessandro Oliveira alessandro.oliveira at me.com
Sat Dec 13 10:16:08 EST 2008

Hi,

I've been using cyrus-imap for the last 6 years in a Fedora Core 3
Box, since cyrus compile gives me headache I used Simon Matter's
package.

But some time ago we had to replace our serves with Debian Etch, a
wonderful experience, apt-get is by far the most reliable update
software, but the problem lies with the cyrus-2.2 default package. All
the Imap and everyting else is working perfect except sieve.

When I try to create a script using sieveshell -u username -a username
localhost, them use put vacation-username.sieve and after that
activate vacation-username.sieve, it feels to be correct, but when
trying to deliver any message I get:

WARNING: sieve script /var/lib/cyrus/sieve/u/username/defaultbc
doesn't exist: No such file or directory

and checking the sieve dir on /var/lib/cyrus/sieve the directory above
actually doesn't exist, but it created a global/defaultbc

do you happen to know if this is a bug or maybe a misconfiguration ?

Thanks for any help.

Alessandro Oliveira