migrate to virtual domains

Peter Lokus mailist at sokol-web.de
Mon Aug 18 05:21:02 EDT 2008

Hi list,

I using cyrus imap for two domains without virtual domains.
Say, my folder structure look like

/var/spool/cyrus/mail/user/user1	domain: example.net
/var/spool/cyrus/mail/user/user2	domain: example.com

Every user has its own folders under the INBOX.

In order to enhance the administration and migrate new domains easier I want
to switch to virtual domains. It should look like

/var/spool/cyrus/mail/domain/example.net/user/user1
/var/spool/cyrus/mail/domain/example.com/user/user2

How do I move the user folders' to the new folder structure?
My approach was to copy these folder's to the new  folder structure and run
reconstruct. However, I can see only mails in the INBOX.

Any recommendations?

Peter