sync_client / sasldb

Martin Schweizer schweizer.martin at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 11:48:26 EDT 2008

Hello

I have two mail server (FreeBSD 7.0, sendmail/cyrus v2.3.12p2), incl.
replication with sync_client/-master. Until now they works perfect.
Now I changed on the sync_server from sasldb (Berkeley db1.85) to
saslauthd (with saslauthd -a getpwent, the Unix password file). All
works but not the replication (but the login to cyrus imapd works). So
I tracked down the problem to the sasldb file. I seems that the sync
mechanism needs the sync_authname in the sasldb (it not check the
password file). Is this correct?

Regards,
--
Martin Schweizer