ptloader problem

Dmitriy Kirhlarov dimma at higis.ru
Sun Aug 3 01:45:49 EDT 2008

Hi, list

We find a problem -- when ptloader build with ldap support by gcc4 on
amd64 platform it's doesn't work.

After investigation ptloader core with gdb we find a problem. (I'm
sorry, for possible unpropper problem description)

1. ldap.h have hints:
----
#if LDAP_DEPRECATED
LDAP_F( char ** )
ldap_get_values LDAP_P((        /* deprecated, use ldap_get_values_len */
         LDAP *ld,
         LDAPMessage *entry,
         LDAP_CONST char *target ));
----

2. cyrus building without "-DLDAP_DEPRECATED", by default and
ldap_get_values is "int32"

3. ptloader running
3.1 call libldap
3.2 libldap get values from server
3.3 return pointer to ptloader as int64
3.4 ptloader get it as _int32_ and core dumping

My test configuration:
cyrus-imapd-2.3.{8,11} with ldap support
cyrus-sasl-saslauthd-2.1.22 with ldap support
openldap 2.{3,4}
FreeBSD 7.0 amd64

This configuration work very good on FreeBSD 6.x amd64.
userbase in ldap, authentication over saslauthd, authorization over
ptloader.

How I can report a but to developers?
I can provide my configs and detalize test procedure, if needed.

WBR
Dmitriy