Hello cyrus users

Bob Hoffman bob at bobhoffman.com
Thu Apr 24 02:25:48 EDT 2008

I am not sure how happy I am too find out about cyrus.

I just spent a lot of time getting everythig working on my first
server...and even sendmail was not too hard (centos 5 sets it up rather
well)...

Then I see I needed a pop3 doo hickey..

Holy moly.

Looking for cyrus on machine was interesting as almost all of the files
would not come up with a 'locate' command. And still do not. I am manually
going through all the doc folders and etc and sys folders since locate
cannot find them (and they are there)

There is only one book on amazon about cyrus and it is not in print
yet....one. And it has nothing to do with sendmail. Redhat has little info
on it although it calls it the 'default' pop3 for the enterprise 5.1 (centos
in my case)

All I am looking to do is have sendmail put the mail into users mailboxes
(users who will be from virtual hosts like jim at mysite.com and
sally at myothersite.com) and just allow me to grab the emails with good old
outlook....and of course send the mails (but that is sendmail I believe.)

Are there any good tutorials just for that, cause by god the program does
everything under the sun and is rather confusing at first glance...

<help?>