cyrus perdtion , connections not dying

Rob Mueller robm at fastmail.fm
Mon Apr 7 17:32:27 EDT 2008

> opposed to 1.5 - 1.9 MB per process. I've even seen cyrus processes with
> up
> to 30MB.

cyrus uses mmap a lot. The processes probably aren't actually really
growing, they just look bigger because a user has a folder selected and the
cyrus.index file has been mmaped into the process space. If they unselect
the folder, the process size will drop back down again.

How much RAM does your machine have and how many users are you trying to
support?

As a point of reference. We have quite old machines with 8G RAM, 8T attached
storage that easily handle 2000+ processes under linux just fine.

Rob