Cyrus IMAP + Sendmail MTA + RTCyrus3

Andrzej Adam Filip anfi at onet.eu
Thu Apr 3 17:23:49 EDT 2008

Andrzej Adam Filip <anfi at onet.eu> wrote:

> Sebastian Hagedorn <Hagedorn at uni-koeln.de> wrote:
>> [...]
>> Another approach is this one:
>>
>> <http://jmaimon.com/sendmail/anfi.homeunix.net/sendmail/rtcyrus2.html>
>>
>> Take your pick ...
>
> RTCyrus3 is available at http://open-sendmail.sourceforge.net/

RTCyrus3 "integration method" has been designed to allow simple
integration of Cyrus IMAP virtual domains with Sendmail MTA.

It supports verification of Cyrus mailbox existence (before replying to
"RCPT TO:") and mail aliases with domain names (/etc/aliases).

It does not require patching sendmail binaries (executables).
It requires small patching of one of "data files" sendmail uses
during generation of sendmail.cf (master configuration file).

URL(s):
http://open-sendmail.sourceforge.net/rtcyrus3/
Installation procedure is available in the tarball file.

--
[pl>en: Andrew] Andrzej Adam Filip : anfi at priv.onet.pl : anfi at xl.wp.pl
Open-Sendmail: http://open-sendmail.sourceforge.net/