Sync_client error Hit upload limit 0

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Thu Apr 3 00:56:04 EDT 2008

On Thu, 3 Apr 2008 13:11:22 +1030 (CST), "Stephen Carr" <sgcarr at civeng.adelaide.edu.au> said:
> Dear Ken
>
> I killed master and restated it but forgot to kill sync_client so it may
> have been running the unpatched version.

Sounds viable.  If you're starting sync_client from outside your cyrus
instance then you need to manage it with your init script as well.  We
actually do this with a wrapper tool, but the underlying concept is
there.

> I have manually restarted sync_client and after 30+ minutes had no
> "errors" and in that period I know one user got 8 emails at almost the
> same time.
>
> It also seems the sync_client in 2.3.11 is more stable than in 2.3.8.
>
> I have a cronjob to restart the sync_client if it "died" which usually
> happened 2 or 3 times a day, the new version has not had to be restarted
> except to get the patched version to run.

Yeah, I'm not surprised.  A bunch of us have spent a fair bit of time on
tracking down the bugs in replication and squashing them one-by-one!  We
(FastMail) only see bailouts when there's something really bogus like a
corrupt cache file (or when a replica gets shut down with the sync still
running of course).

Glad you seem sorted :)

Bron ( been off Cyrus patching for a while now... was time to take a
       break and work on something else )
--
  Bron Gondwana
  brong at fastmail.fm