How I have to configure my mailboxes in the POP/IMAP clients

Andres Tarallo atarallo at acm.org
Tue Apr 1 09:23:59 EDT 2008

Following your suggestions I mover all over my cyrus configuration.

If I execute:

testsaslauthd -u username  -p secret -f /var/spool/postfix/var/run/saslauthd/mux

I can autenticate all my users via SASL. However if I log to the POP
server (enabled, and listening both IP and IPV6). I get in the syslog

correo cyrus/pop3[10493]: badlogin: localhost [127.0.0.1] plaintext
atarallo SASL(-13): user not found: checkpass failed

I checked both using username and username at server.domain as the
username for POP3

My /etc/saslauthd.conf

ldap_servers: ldap://localhost
ldap_bind_dn: cn=Manager,dc=MyCompany,dc=com,dc=uy
ldap_bind_pw: MyCompanySecret
ldap_scope: sub
ldap_search_base: ou=People,dc=MyCompany,dc=com,dc=uy
ldap_auth_method: custom
ldap_filter: (&(objectClass=inetLocalMailRecipient)(uid=%U))

In my /etc/imap..conf I have

virtdomains: yes
defaultdomain: correo.MyCompany.com.uy

Any help is appreciated.