reconstruct doing nothing

Alain Spineux aspineux at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 07:13:40 EDT 2008

On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 3:42 AM, Jo Rhett <jrhett at netconsonance.com> wrote:
> >> *sigh*  No, not in a virtual domain environment they don't.  Try
>  >> adding
>  >>
>  >> 13a. Run "su cyrus -c '/usr/local/cyrus/bin/reconstruct -x -f
>  >> user.username/*'".
>  >> 13b. Run "su cyrus -c '/usr/local/cyrus/bin/reconstruct -x -f
>  >> user.username/*/*'".
>  >> 13c. Run "su cyrus -c '/usr/local/cyrus/bin/reconstruct -x -f
>  >> user.username/*/*/*'".
>  >> 13d. Run "su cyrus -c '/usr/local/cyrus/bin/reconstruct -x -f
>  >> user.username/*/*/*/*'".
>  >> ...etc whatever depth of folders people have.
>  >
>  > Maybe I'm rehashing the earlier discussion...  Does "reconstruct -x
>  > -f user.username at example.com" fail to detect new mailboxes?

Yes and No :-)

No because it will detect all new subfolder of
user/username at example.com and their own
new subfolder.
Yes because if user/username/foobar at example.com already exist,
all new subfolders beside will be ignored.

>  Yes, see the bugs often reported on this list and in the bugzilla for
>  imapd.
>

>  > Also, why the multiple * parameters (user.username/*/*/*)?  I
>  > thought % matched up to a folder separator boundary (. or / in
>  > Cyrus) and * matched everything including a folder separator.
>
>  That didn't work for me.  I had to use the commands I listed above.

This is maybe why  the use of user/username/*/*/*  help to detect
deepest subfolders.

Regards

>  --
>  Jo Rhett
>  Net Consonance : consonant endings by net philanthropy, open source
>  and other randomness
>

>  ----

>  Cyrus Wiki/FAQ: http://cyrusimap.web.cmu.edu/twiki

Alain Spineux