duplicate messages

Ciprian Marius Vizitiu cvizitiu at gbif.org
Fri Sep 28 12:26:41 EDT 2007

> >         I have one user that is getting random duplicate
> messages.  I have investigated this issue heavily, and it
> appears that Cyrus is causing this. I've even gone so far as
> to recreate the user's mailbox, but that did not resolve the
> problem. I even have duplicate message suppression turned on.
> The user isn't receiving duplicate messages on the MTA level,
> it appears that after Cyrus gets the message it gets
> duplicated. Anyone have any suggestions?

Once upon a time I've had a strange situation where messages appeared
duplicated in an Outlook hooked to a Cyrus... and for no apparent reason.
Once I saw that the messages were not actually duplicated on the disk in the
user's inbox I've nailed it to the "Copernic" desktop search engine
(http://www.copernic.com/en/products/desktop-search/index.html). Back then
Copernic would spook Outlook into seeing cross-eyed an IMAP store...