Apply Sieve script to messages already in INBOX?

Rob Mueller robm at fastmail.fm
Thu Sep 27 07:09:52 EDT 2007

> Your other option, of course, is to implement this in the client.

I had thought of doing this using the sieve-test utility provided with
cyrus, which lets you specify a message + sieve script and prints to stdout
the actions that would have been performed.

The only issue is on large folders having to retrieve lots of messages and
run the utility lots of times. I just thought it would be easier to get the
server to do it and just pass back the actions that would be performed.

Rob