Cyrus 2.3.9: Errors compiling outside source directory

Vincent Fox vbfox at ucdavis.edu
Sat Sep 22 23:02:34 EDT 2007

Bron Gondwana wrote:
> Do you have the 'makedepend' utility on your system?  I found
> that if it wasn't there, "make depend" would not get all the
> dependencies in place.

In Solaris, there is a makedepend in /usr/openwin/bin.  Hence my including
that directory in PATH at top of script.  I suppose it might not be a
suitable
version but I don't see anything going obviously wrong during the makedepend
part of the compile.
> Also, I agree that I've had problems with "make -j 5" and
> fallen back to not parallelising, so there are probably other
> missing dependencies too.  I guess the trick might be to run
> "make clean" and then try building each target by hand (erm, by
> which I mean script of course.  Who likes doing things by hand?)
> and see what breaks!

Yes, I also had make -j 2 in the previous version but removed that as one of
the steps in trying to get it to build.  No dice.

I'll keep poking at it.  Building into a shared source directory leads to
an undesirable messy situation when you have multiple hardware
platforms and OS versions.