Cyrus 2.3.9: Errors compiling outside source directory

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Sat Sep 22 21:44:00 EDT 2007

On Sat, Sep 22, 2007 at 04:36:03PM -0700, Vincent Fox wrote:
> So our protocol is we have a central repository in AFS for
> source code.  Then we write a script called BUILD.ksh that
> does all the right stuff to compile into a /tmp/(package)-obj
> directory on each build platform. This is not working for me
> yet on Cyrus 2.3.9 as the configure utility as-is doesn't
> get things quite right.

Do you have the 'makedepend' utility on your system?  I found
that if it wasn't there, "make depend" would not get all the
dependencies in place.

Also, I agree that I've had problems with "make -j 5" and
fallen back to not parallelising, so there are probably other
missing dependencies too.  I guess the trick might be to run
"make clean" and then try building each target by hand (erm, by
which I mean script of course.  Who likes doing things by hand?)
and see what breaks!

Bron.