Cyrus IMAP 2.3.9 on Solaris 10 with ZFS and SAN

Pascal Gienger Pascal.Gienger at uni-konstanz.de
Sat Sep 22 01:43:10 EDT 2007

Bron Gondwana <brong at fastmail.fm> wrote:

> But yeah, connection caching is nice.  Even just the fork overhead
> on the backend servers is something we can do without if it's
> avoidable.

My own Perl IMAP mod_perl routines use this:

<http://search.cpan.org/~mws/ResourcePool-1.0104/lib/ResourcePool.pod>

Works flawlessly - but you still have the problem that you have X
connections per user for X httpd processes running. I/We wrote a web
frontend for those who don't want to use Webmail (the majority do use their
own MUA), but still want to control their anti spam settings, quotas,
automatic vacation responses, automatic expiration of messages in
user-selectable folders (via annotations.db). We also use annotaton
heaviliy to preempt spam folders to be indexed by squatter.

Pascal