Slower after migration from 2.1 to 2.2

Scott M. Likens damm at yazzy.org
Wed Sep 19 18:56:44 EDT 2007

Paul,

Which Mail Client is your user using?

Additionally have you tried to run reconstruct or squatter on his INBOX
to see the difference?

(replace the $PREFIX with where your cyrus bin utilities are, and
username with the username in question)
$PREFIX/bin/reconstruct -r -f user.username

or

$PREFIX/bin/squatter -r -v user.username

Beyond that, it's really a guessing game without more information... You
can additionally enable logging so you can see every command his mail
client makes and what the server responds with (which can be beneficial)

cd /var/imap/log (create the directory if it doesn't exist)

then mkdir username (replace username with their username)

ensure that the directory's above are owned by cyrus:mail and then you
can find a file in /var/imap/log/username

like for me,

cyrus at desolation /var/imap/log/damm $ ls -l
total 8
-rw------- 1 cyrus mail 1359 Sep 19 15:50 12133
-rw------- 1 cyrus mail 3946 Sep 19 15:51 12157

then inside there you can actually see the connection like...

<1190242306<3 select "INBOX.Drafts"
>1190242306>* FLAGS (\Answered \Flagged \Draft \Deleted \Seen)
* OK [PERMANENTFLAGS (\Answered \Flagged \Draft \Deleted \Seen \*)]
* 2 EXISTS
* 0 RECENT
* OK [UIDVALIDITY 1131130979]
* OK [UIDNEXT 359]
* OK [NOMODSEQ] Sorry, modsequences have not been enabled on this mailbox
* OK [URLMECH INTERNAL]
3 OK [READ-WRITE] Completed
<1190242306<4 getquotaroot "INBOX.Drafts"
>1190242306>* QUOTAROOT INBOX.Drafts
4 OK Completed

Between all of the above, I think we can give you a good answer.

Scott