Quick Utilities for getting into user mail file

Robert Banz banz at umbc.edu
Wed Sep 19 12:14:48 EDT 2007

> Currently, I'm modifying a pinerc file and running PC-Pine to do
> this if
> necessary.  Are there any other tools available for this kind of
> quick and
> dirty mailbox manipulation?  Modifying config files on a per-user
> basis is
> kind of a pain, and running webmail can be slow with huge mailboxes.

When I'm checking the results of reconstructs and such, I find it
pretty easy to set the acls on a particular mailbox to allow my user
to read it, then I can view it from my account with *insert mail
client here* as just another folder.  I usually only give myself read
access, but there's nothing stopping you from giving yourself full
access and going to town...

-rob