Problem with mail not being copied into Cyrus from postfix.

Nicolas KOWALSKI niko at petole.dyndns.org
Tue Sep 18 10:42:37 EDT 2007

rdyes at monroehosp.org writes:

> I made a stupid mistake last night.  I usually backup my Cyrus/postfix
> server by stopping both Postfix and Cyrus, have the backup run then start
> both of them.  This has been working for years.  Last night in my
> brilliance thought I could just stop Cyrus, leave postfix running and do
> the backup.  Now I have 262 pieces of email in my mailq with the message:
>  (host /var/imap/socket/lmtp[/var/imap/socket/lmtp] said: 451 4.3.1 cannot
> copy message to temporary file: No space left on device (in reply to end
> of DATA command))
>
> I do a df and I see that  / is full. Any ideas on how to clear this
> situation up?

Some members of the postfix list, where you already asked for the same
problem, have replied about it: make space in your /  , that's simple.

One of the replies was:

"
You're the admin? You should know :)

Find out where large amounts of diskspace are being used:

cd /
du -s * | sort -n

Something has eaten all your diskspace. Find out what it was.
"

You really should consider using this advice.

Regards,
--
Nicolas