Problem with mail not being copied into Cyrus from postfix.

rdyes at monroehosp.org rdyes at monroehosp.org
Tue Sep 18 09:27:09 EDT 2007

I made a stupid mistake last night.  I usually backup my Cyrus/postfix
server by stopping both Postfix and Cyrus, have the backup run then start
both of them.  This has been working for years.  Last night in my
brilliance thought I could just stop Cyrus, leave postfix running and do
the backup.  Now I have 262 pieces of email in my mailq with the message:
 (host /var/imap/socket/lmtp[/var/imap/socket/lmtp] said: 451 4.3.1 cannot
copy message to temporary file: No space left on device (in reply to end
of DATA command))

I do a df and I see that  / is full. Any ideas on how to clear this
situation up?