Sieve vacation function not working..

Torsten Schlabach tschlabach at gmx.net
Mon Sep 17 06:51:35 EDT 2007

Hi Joseph,

it would indeed be helpful if you posted the relevant section of your
sieve script. Nevertheless, two hints which might hopefully be useful:

1. Try to find out if anything in the chain between Sieve and your MTA
might be the issue. The easiest way to do that is to try some rejecting
with message or some forwarding as this will require Sieve to generate a
new message and send it. In case that works, your Cyrus-MTA-Integration
is probably not the problem. If that does not work either, check your
MTA's log files for potential problems.

2. If you find out that it looks as if Sieve is not creating any
vacation response message at all, do you have the :address parameter set
up and set up correctly? This parameter is technically optional, but the
default value when omitting that parameter is *not* a wildcard. In other
words: A vacation setup without any :address parameter will never create
a vacation response message at all. (I think this could become an FAQ.)

Regards,
Torsten