64-bit alignment problems.

Andy Fiddaman cyrus at fiddaman.net
Fri Sep 14 15:45:26 EDT 2007

On Fri, 14 Sep 2007, Ken Murchison wrote:
;
; Before I commit your patch, would you be willing to see if the attached
; alternate patch works?
;
; This patch tries to force the entire buffer to be aligned, rather than
; aligning each 64-bit field individually.  Don't know if this will work or not.

No problem, I'll try it over the weekend. It looks very plausible. Since
only OFFSET_HIGHESTMODSEQ_64 is unaligned within the buffer your patch
should have far less speed impact than mine.

I'll still need to patch annotate.c I imagine but I'll try without first.

Andy