64-bit alignment problems.

Ken Murchison murch at andrew.cmu.edu
Fri Sep 14 09:47:32 EDT 2007

Andy Fiddaman wrote:
> On Fri, 7 Sep 2007, Ken Murchison wrote:
>
> ; We have been running 2.3.x code on 64-bit sparcv9 kernels (Solaris 8 on Sun
> ; Fire V240) without any problem.  What is your hardware and OS?
>
> The test server is a Sun V210 running
> SunOS xxx 5.10 Generic_125100-10 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V210
>
> (Solaris 10u2 fully patched as of ~4 weeks ago)
>
> I've compiled Cyrus as a 64-bit application:

OK.  I've talked to the folks that actually build our production code,
and it turns out that we're still compiling Cyrus as a 32-bit app (don't
ask me why, nobody has an answer).

Before I commit your patch, would you be willing to see if the attached
alternate patch works?

This patch tries to force the entire buffer to be aligned, rather than
aligning each 64-bit field individually.  Don't know if this will work
or not.

--
Kenneth Murchison
Systems Programmer