IMAPD Mail Delays

Corey Bobb cbobb at cygnus.com
Tue Sep 4 15:42:05 EDT 2007

Hello,

I have inherited a mail system that runs cyrus21, since I have never ran
this setup before I am not quite sure how to troubleshoot some problems.
The current problem I am having is that I am receiving mail from my outside
email relay (postfix) which From what I gather forwards it over the cyrus
mail sever however, I can see the postfix server getting the mail . ..but it
will take another 30 minutes before the message can actually be viewed in a
mail client.

What and where could the delay be being caused from and where would one
begin looking for such a problem.  If I am missing any useful information I
would be glad to produce it if someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks.

Regards, Corey M. Bobb

Data Center Manager

850 South Concourse