64-bit Cyrus?

Ian G Batten ian.batten at uk.fujitsu.com
Fri Oct 26 15:15:03 EDT 2007

To what extent has Cyrus been tested with 64 bit builds?  One of my
users has managed to create a mailbox with a >2.0G cyrus.cache, which
of course can't be mmap'd.  The mere act of finding out how many
files there are in there is itself a problem: I've got

perl -e 'use IO::Dir; my $d=new IO::Dir("."); while ($f=$d->read())
{ print $f, "\n"; }' | wc -l

running to read the directory without stat-ing anything, but that's
struggling.  It's on NAS storage with hashed directories, so it
didn't slow down as it got bigger: the problem probably didn't arise
until the cache directory got too big!

ian