cyrus.conf event not running

Alain Spineux aspineux at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 10:25:53 EDT 2007

On 10/25/07, Wayne <wdspublic at safebrowse.com> wrote:
> I have an ipurge event in my cyrus.conf that doesn't appear to be
> running.  I had moved it from a cron job (which worked) to a cyrus
> event.
>
>   purgejunk     cmd="ipurge -f -d 15 'user/*/Junk Mail'" at=1700

I thing % is more appropriate than * here, except if you want a
recursive checking (if you expect to have 'Junk Mail' into
sub-folder). But this will not solve your problem.

Maybe it try to ipurge mailbox beginning with a ' (single quote), but
because your folder contains a space you must 'protect' this space
using quote!

You could try to rename your folder into simply Junk or Spam.
Or go back to cron.

Hope this help

> The cyrus.conf man page didn't help me much as far as if the first
> word can be anything.  One difference from the cron job is I had to
> add single quotes around the mailbox path to purge (the cron job had
> double quotes).
>
> I haven't touched this in a while, but I'm sure I HUPed the master
> process after adding the event.  Does anyone see why this isn't
> running?  Also, on OS X Server are the cyrus events logged by default
> in mailaccess.log, system.log, both, neither?
>
> TIA for any help.
>
> ~ Wayne
> ----

Alain Spineux