syslog-ng

Chris Smith chris at realcomputerguy.com
Sat Oct 20 10:31:23 EDT 2007

On Saturday 20 October 2007, Anders Norrbring wrote:
> So, I went to the SUSE sources and looked it up.. Seems like they
> compile with --with-syslogfacility=DAEMON..
> I have no idea what that makes Cyrus do, I tried Google to find some
> answers, but came up empty handed.

You can filter on the DAEMON facility (instead of 'local6' as in my case). If
there are other apps that use the DAEMON facility then you'll have to break
it down further, using program names etc. Look at the log entries you now
have and determine what you can filter by, ie: program names
of: 'lmtpunix', 'ctl_cyrusdb', and 'master', if others use those as well you
may need a second level filter with a match statement.

--
Chris