syslog-ng

Anders Norrbring lists at norrbring.se
Sat Oct 20 10:22:06 EDT 2007

Chris Smith skrev:
> On Friday 19 October 2007, Anders Norrbring wrote:
>> Hi, I need help setting up Cyrus and syslog-ng to have all the Cyrus
>> logs in their own files.
>>
>> It seems like I just cannot get it right, no matter how I try.
>> So, I'd be grateful for setup info on syslog-ng to accomplish this.
>
> My distro sets up cyrus to use the local6 facility for logging. I use the
> following lines in my syslog-ng.conf (in their proper sections):
> ===================================
> destination d_local6 { file("/var/log/mail/imapd.log"); };
> filter f_local6 { facility(local6); };
> log { source(src); filter(f_local6); destination(d_local6); flags(final); };
> ===================================
>
> Works just fine. I put all of my mail logs in a separate directory
> (/var/log/mail/).
> Note - you may have to "touch" the destination file to create it.

Nope that didn't work either..
So, I went to the SUSE sources and looked it up.. Seems like they
compile with --with-syslogfacility=DAEMON..
I have no idea what that makes Cyrus do, I tried Google to find some
answers, but came up empty handed.

So, anyone with ideas? (Beside recompiling Cyrus...)

Anders