running cyradm commands from a script

Jessi Berkelhammer jberkelhammer at desc.org
Fri Oct 12 18:35:35 EDT 2007

Hello.

In order to automate some processes, I was hoping to run cyradm from a
script. The O'Reilly "Managing IMAP" book specifies how cyradm can
evaluate Tcl commands, by passing the 'file' option to cyradm. Old man
pages for cyradm online also show the option to pass a file parameter.
However, that isn't an option for 2.3.8, which we are running. Is there
a way to do this, or something similar, with 2.3.8?

Another option could be to have a script call cyradm with a list of
commands to run, like:
cyradm localhost < file_containing_cyradm_commands

However, this is interactive & requires a password; is there a way to
get around this so I can pass the cyradm commands directly from a script?

Thank you,
Jessi B.
Downtown Emergency Service Center